Daniel L. Segal, Ph.D.
Dr. Daniel Segal’s EDI work includes an ongoing cross-cultural project to translate the Geriatric Anxiety Scale into diverse languages for both clinical and research use. Some formal translations and validation studies have already been done in Japanese, German, Chinese, Persian, Italian, and Turkish, and many more informal translations are underway, including Indonesian, Portuguese, and Spanish. Please inquire if you are interested in participating in these efforts.
- Bolghan-Abadi, M., Segal, D. L., Coolidge, F. L. & Gottschling, J. (2013). Persian version of the Geriatric Anxiety Scale: Translation and preliminary psychometric properties among Iranian older adults. Aging & Mental Health, 17, 896-900.
- Gatti, A., Gottschling, J., Brugnera, A., Adorni, R., Zarbo, C., Compare, A., & Segal, D. L. (2018). An investigation of the psychometric properties of the Geriatric Anxiety Scale (GAS) in an Italian sample of community-dwelling older adults. Aging & Mental Health, 22, 1170-1178. DOI: 10.1080/13607863.2017.1347141
- Gottschling, J., Segal, D. L., Häusele, C., Spinath, F. M., & Stoll, G. (2016). Assessment of anxiety in older adults: Translation and psychometric evaluation of the German version of the Geriatric Anxiety Scale (GAS). Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 38, 136-148.
- Karahan, F. S., Hamarta, E., & Karahan, A. Y. (2018). The Turkish adaptation and psychometric properties of the Geriatric Anxiety Scale. Mental Illness, 10(1). https://doi.org/10.4081/mi.2018.7580
- Xiao-Ling, L., Lu, D., Gottschling, J., Segal, D. L., & Tang, S. (2017). Validation of a Chinese version of the Geriatric Anxiety Scale among community-dwelling older adults in mainland China. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 32, 57-70.