Graduate Student Resources
Graduate Student Resources
The Psychology Department seeks to foster inclusion and belonging of all members of its community, and to promote equity among members of society in its core mission of teaching and research. We commit to educating and equipping our faculty, staff, and students to live in ways that support equity and inclusion of diverse populations in our work and in society at large.
Graduate Student Downloads
Comprehensive Exam Forms
- Comprehensive Examination Portfolio Guidelines and Policy (GEROPSYCHOLOGY & TRAUMA)
- Approval to Sit for the Comprehensive Examination
Clinical Practicum Forms
- Certificate of Insurance for Academic Experience Placement
- MA Practicum Hours Final Accounting Form
- MA Practicum Hours Semester Tracking Form
- Notification of Intent to Apply for Internship
- Practicum Student Self-Evaluation
- Site Registration Form
- Student Evaluation of Practicum Site
- Student Evaluation of Practicum Supervisor
- Supervision Contract
- Supervisor Evaluation of Neuropsych Practicum Student
- Supervisor Evaluation of Practicum Student
Graduate Student Organization (GSO)
The UCCS Psychology Graduate Student Organization (PGSO) brings together graduate students across the department's three programs: MA in Clinical Psychology, MA in Psychological Science, and PhD in Clinical Psychology (gero and trauma tracks).
The PGSO's activities center around three areas: (1) advocacy of graduate student interests and needs, (2) promotion of professional development in pursuing psychology-related careers, and (3) enhancing a supportive and collegial environment among graduate students.
In these pursuits, the PGSO hosts several professional development activities each semester, offers regular social events and has its own newsletter, and engages in ongoing collaboration with faculty to address student needs . The PGSO is a great way to get involved and to get to know fellow graduate students.
Please follow these guidelines if you wish to have a poster printed in the department.
- Posters are printed on a 36” roll of paper. That limits one side of a poster to no more than 36” (i.e., 36”x48”, 36”x52”, 36”x36”, etc.). If you wish for both sides to be smaller than 36”, you will need to cut the poster down to size after it has been printed.
- You are welcome to add color to enhance a poster (photographs, tables, figures, logos, etc.). However, you should not fill the background of a poster or textbox with color, especially a black or gradient background. This background color uses a lot of ink and sometimes causes the printer to run out of memory resulting in a poster with portions missing.
- Refrain from using “Smart Art” in your poster. This too causes a depletion of memory resulting in a failed print job or a poster with portions missing.
- Proofread posters before sending them to be printed. Once a poster is printed, it may not be printed again to make a change.
- Ensure you email your poster (PPT or PDF format) to me no later than the Wednesday before you need the poster. I am only in the office on Wednesdays to print posters.
If these guidelines are not followed, a poster may be sent back to be modified before printing. Otherwise, if you must print outside of these guidelines, you can pay to have your poster printed from an outside source. Please contact David DuBois if you have any questions or concerns.
The Department encourages and supports innovative research and scholarship by faculty and students. This information will help you navigate your role as a researcher.
Reserving Columbine Hall Conference Rooms
Purchase Request Form
Please provide all the information required below and return to department purchaser, David DuBois (email@example.com) or Nancy Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), in advance of purchase. Purchases made with contract, gift, or grant funds must have additional documentation explaining how the purchase complies with the donor or sponsor's budget and project goals. Incomplete forms will be returned to the requestor for more details.
The UCCS Virtual Lab is a cloud based computing platform that allows students to remotely access SPSS. Visit the Virtual Labs site and log in with your UCCS credentials.
Travel Information Sheet
Psychology Department Travel Information Sheet Pre-Approval Form. Please submit this form to Andrea Williams for departmental approval at least 2 weeks prior to travel.